Here's a mindful self-compassion meditation video for when you're feeling uncomfortable emotions.
I've been on a bit of a roller coaster this week, and self-compassion always helps me through those deep dives. When I'm feeling despair, it's the familiar repetition of something simple that comforts me. I hope this meditation will help you prioritize your mental health. My recommendation is to watch or listen to the video every day for a week, and feel that you are absorbing the practice.
- Turn towards your discomfort courageously.
- Recognize that everything arises and passes.
- Know you're not the only one feeling this way.
- What would you say to your best friend if they felt this way?
- Turn that kindness towards yourself.
- Put a hand where you most feel the feeling, and ask what this part of you most needs.
- Breathe and show up just as you are.
Repeat this meditation often to gain the benefits of self-compassion.
Integrate this practice into your daily life.
If you like this YouTube video, will you please subscribe?
Stop Walking On Eggshells!
Gentle yoga to release your stress and shift your mindset about struggle.
If you get your buttons pushed often by other people's issues, you may be hypervigilant. You might feel it in your body as clenching, tension, or chronic pain.
You'll become more grounded in awareness of your body.